Friday, June 18, 2010

Celebrity Obsession/Crush

Last night I was sitting at my second home, Starbucks, with my great friend Kate. Somehow we got onto the subject of celebrity crushes. Kate willingly admitted to me her celebrity crush, one of the players for the Portland Timbers whom she described as an "African prince". Our conversation brought to mind a past conversation I had with a friend over a year ago. Basically, my friend was raving over Keira Knightley and was insisting that I also was REQUIRED a celebrity crush. On top of that, my fellow friend and blogger, Jamila, has a sick and strange obsession with the fictional character of Chuck Bass. Frankly, I was feeling rather left out of this epidemic of celebrity obsessions.

Fast forward to about 11pm. I was sitting in the burgundy recliner at my home deciding on a movie to watch. As I clicked through the nifty Netflix selections that are made available through ONE disk (I'm obviously thrilled with this), I made a decision. Opening credits went by and then his face appeared across the screen - and I knew.

So here I am at about 6pm getting ready to officially announce my celebrity crush. As of right now only my mother knows, so this is a big deal.

First of all, there are no limitations with celebrity crushes; marriage, age, children - these things are irrelevant. So with out further ado, I present Mr. Cary Grant!



It is also irrelevant that he died over 3 years before I was born. Just be happy for me, ok? So who is your celebrity crush?

2 comments:

  1. SICK AND STRANGE?!! Tsionah Novick, at least he's not DEAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps) i've added robert downey jr. to my list of crushes. swoon

    ReplyDelete