Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Hate the Differences

"We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry."

I drink music when I thirst
And eat poetry when I hunger.
Like cookies and milk or soda and chips,
they fill me up but are easier to digest.
There is something comforting
about being fat off of melodies
like raindrops and words like
orchids. My friend starves.
She is fed only by the hand of her family.
They feed her a culture she is allergic
to until she agrees and allows it to
eat away at her beauty, her personality.
I am a glutton. Guilty as can be,
I feed off of the delicacies she is denied
and I, I try to understand, but when she
pushes me aside for the life I know
she despises I cannot help
but to go and binge.

No comments:

Post a Comment