Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Locket

If you know me extremely well then you will know that I have a strange obsession. Now, I don't wear jewelery and I'm not a fan of a lot of "bling" but I have this draw towards lockets. I have this picture in my mind of the perfect locket that I want (dare I say it?), even need to own.

I can't tell you where this obsession began or how it will end. But I just know that I want to hit up every vintage shop in the area and buy all the pretty lockets.

The thing that intrigues me the most about a locket, especially one that's been previously owned, is that each one holds a story that I can imagine. And someday I hope that I can own a locket that has my own story stuffed inside.

5 comments:

  1. i have my family friends mums locket. it has so much history and i love it.

    nice post! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Thanks for reading and sorry for the original typos or mistakes. I accidentally posted before I edited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If EVER YOU VISIT 9here); Ii HAVE 2 OLD LOCKETS( 50-60yrs old. One has a picture of me as a curly blonde tddler; the other of your Dad & Uncle.Lockets seen to be out of fashion, these days;butthat mightallow you to locate one in a vintage or consigment shop?
    granA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AGREE w/You...:lokets carry secrets & history; very interesting!!!!!!
    gran A

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see those! Portland has many vintage shops, so I think I'll be able to find some that I like! It would be fun just to look too! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete