Monday, August 2, 2010

Shampoo!


Today, I allow you to have a glimpse into my life from another angle. Normally, I say personally things through poetry or sarcastic rants. But today, something new will be brought to the table (goodness, I hate that cliche).

Warning - Don't get too excited about this because it may not happen often, and honestly, upon reading this, you may be quite pleased with that.

Shampoo. Yes, my post is about shampoo. First, I'd like to point out that the word "shampoo" sounds quite strange! I have never thought about it until now. This encouraged me to do some extreme research on the word. And what other place is there to go for extreme, reliable information except for Wikipedia?

So according to Wiki, "the word shampoo in English is derived from Hindi chāmpo (चाँपो [tʃãːpoː]), and dates to 1762. The Hindi word referred to head massage, usually with some form of hair oil". Upon finding that piece of information, I have mixed feelings about shampoo, because honestly, when I buy what we call shampoo, I will forever feel ripped off.

But alas, my post is about a specific brand and kind of shampoo which I just used for the first time.

*Drumroll* "Head and Shoulders Refresh Shampoo" Supposedly, it will "act like an invigorating wake-up thanks to the addition of natural menthol. It will stimulate your senses." My sister was telling me about this and when rummaging through the many shampoo bottles sitting in the shower, I happened upon it. Thinking I would be extra adventurous I decided to use it as my first shampoo. Yes, first. I shampoo my hair twice like every good girl should.

At first I though that there was nothing out of the ordinary about the shampoo. I thought that perhaps it was me, so I washed my hair more vigorously. Nothing. So I rinsed, and that is when the magic occurred! I cannot say whether I liked the cool feeling or not. I just know that today, I had an amazing adventure simply because of new shampoo.

I would definitely suggest trying the shampoo if for no other reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment