Friday, December 10, 2010

An Observation

I think that some times people think that poets are emotional wrecks.

So Sylvia Plath committed suicide and Elizabeth Dickinson was a recluse; that doesn't mean all of us are depressed or socially inept. 

My observation is the following: most poets and writers have a remarkable amount of self awareness when it comes to emotions. And it isn't just self awareness; we recognize things in others too. Because that is what we do - observe and write. So for those who think that all I do is blog my heart out and write in my diary every night, wrong. 

My desire to be a good writer makes me want to interact with people even more than the average person. Because people are strange, complex, and totally messed up. And for some reason, that interests me. 

So if I ask a personal question, pry into you life, talk for too long, or any other annoying thing, blame it on the fact that I am an aspiring writer. 

4 comments:

  1. Beingvery' AWARE" ofother peoplecansoetimesbe depessing.People's lives& actionsarenotalwayscheerfull.Writingaboutit can" shedlight'on the situation& may evenhelpothers to beter uderstandthenatureoftoseintheirlives.KEEP UP THRE GOOD WORK; "lIFE IS NOT ALWAYS JUST A BOWL OF CHERRIES;.......... There is an ocasional LIME in there

    GRANA

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU; The FIRST TIME I've actually seen a reply.I WAS ABOOUT TO GIVE UP COMMENTING"
    GRANA

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's strange... I try to reply to most comments. Even if it takes me a while.

    ReplyDelete