Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughts on the end of 2010


So tonight was a Breakfast at Tiffany's, brewed Starbucks,
 and warm accessories kind of an evening. 

2011 will be here soon. I'm thinking about my life: where I'm going, where I have been, what have I done, what will I do. And I know that in order to be the person I want to be, sacrifices must be made. I'm mentally preparing myself. I'm spiritually preparing myself. I'm physically preparing myself... the coffee, duh!

I don't want to make a list of resolutions. "Firmness of purpose" is how resolution is defined. But society has given the word another meaning. Resolutions have become statements made with purpose, but lacking firmness. I want to make commitments that mean something. Which is why I'm not posting them yet. Another post may follow with more on this topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment