Monday, July 25, 2011

Sharing

http://skateexplorediscover.deviantart.com/art/Picnic-With-The-Ghosts-93159570?q=boost%3Apopular%20in%3Aphotography%20picnic%20tree&qo=12

I split my happiness
down the middle
like we've shared many things:
sandwiches, a soda,
stories we told no one
else. How is it that I can
release part of myself to
you and still have no loss
of power? I break open
the side of my humanity
yet to be seen and I am like
a fortune spewing out the wisdom
of ancestors. On your day of rain,
hang your umbrella on the branches
of this tree and sit, sharing
with me my plate of life
devoured with this apparatus
of serenity.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great poem! I'm not the biggest fan of freewrite poetry but I'm sincerely impressed at this piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Billy! You do like your rhyme schemes! haha!

    ReplyDelete