Sunday, October 2, 2011

Steps

It's been over a month since I have posted. A failure for sure. School reconvened, but no excuses. Here is something I jotted down a few weeks ago. I think I may break it up into two separate poems. 

Let's take a step back to the place
I lost my footing and fell into this pot
hole called something like love. We 
walked together, in sync until you saw
me slipping into a feeling you never felt.

Let's take a step back so I can avoid
a mistaken step. Guide me out of  these
feelings by showing me your own, what
ever they may be. 

You are like a book I don't quite
understand and yet must keep reading.
Your words fertilize a friendship that
grows too wildly. You create a scenery
in my life that looks something like
                                            infatuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment