Friday, January 6, 2012

Top 10 Public Transit Pet Peeves

In case you didn't know, I don't drive. I commute using Portland's public transit system, Trimet. Most of the time, it is not too bad. But there are some things people do on the train/streetcar/bus that I will NEVER understand. Here's my top 10 pet peeves in no particular order!


1. When people using speaker phone. I don't care about your conversation.
2. When individuals who have their music up SO loud with the type oh headphones that basically act as a stereo for the rest of riders.
3. Road rage from bus drivers. Yes, that individual just cut you off, but I honestly do no want to hear you rant about it for the duration of my trip.
4. The person who WILL NOT stop changing seats.
5. The person who stands stupidly in front of the bike rack on the train and just stares at the person waiting for them to move so they can hang up their bike rack.
6. Making eye contact multiple times without ever saying anything. There could have been something there HA!.
7. Loud eating. It's annoying all the time, but it's especially annoying when there's no where for me to run away to.
8. People who don't know how to move into the train or bus when it's crowded. Stop being so passive, Portlanders! Even though I was raised here, I totally understand the East Coast way of maneuvering through a crowd. Just do it.
9. When creepy guys take pictures with their cell phones.
10. Middle schoolers and high school freshmen. No explanation needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment