Sunday, September 30, 2012

In Between

Here is the truth: I don't know where I am going or what I am doing. I just know the "why". In some ways, that's the best place to start, to know what motivates you and makes you passionate. In other ways, it makes these in between times feel like I am accomplishing nothing.

Here is the truth: I'm ready to move forward. And by "move forward" I mean that I really want to go to new places and meet new people. I have some good friends here but I cannot help to think that there is something lacking right now.

Here is the truth: some of the guys I know throw society's ideology of beauty into the faces of young women trying to live as more than a face. The expectations are too high for me to ever achieve and it leaves me either feeling deeply insecure and/or really isolated.

Here is the truth: I hated this night. And I did so with class...I did so without anger or visible emotions, except for that moment in my car, in the parking lot. But no one needs to know about that.

Here is the truth: I should not have cared in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment