Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wreckage

I set a flame to history
and walked my way through new
cities. But places don't change
the way a memory chains 
your ability to reinstate health. 
A steeple stabbed me and I have been stumbling around these streets
listening to the beats of street drums
thumping in my hollow chest.
There is no worrying about the rest 
of my life when I will be lucky 
to have the sun introduce
me to tomorrow. 

"This is Tsionah. 
She grew up in yesterday
and is currently working in
demolition. She is known 
for tearing down unstable bridges."

I set a flame to history
and the heat dried up tears
that I never had the opportunity
to cry. I only know how 
to break down,
how will I ever reconstruct?
A steeple stabbed me
not even in the back, but looking
straight into my dried eyes
demanding repentance. 
I walked away to walk aimlessly;
I am homeless without dysfunction.
Don't we all just want to feel apart
of something?  
Yet maybe I don't have to rebuild 
burned bridges to wave hello
across wreckage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment