Thursday, June 17, 2010

Free Time



For months, all I've wanted is some free time. And now, after the fourth consecutive day of sleeping in, all I want is a full time job and some homework to do. Which is why I registered for online classes yesterday. Taking summer classes makes me one of two things; both have negative implications in society for some one of my age. Here are the options:

1. I am dumb and need to take summer classes to catch up. I have this memory imprinted in my head about friends taking summer classes in elementary through high school. Every memory is associated with phrases like "they need the help", "they are so behind already!", or "graduating is impossible for them now. They should try and get their GED." So even though I'm a college student who sets her own schedule, the conditioning of ideas still exists.

2. I am a nerdy genius who just wants to learn, learn, learn! There is one primary reason this comes up: my father. He's the type of person who studies things like topology and Greek in his free time. In fact, when you first walk into our house you will be greeted by 4 monstrous bookcases which holds books most people couldn't or wouldn't read. (The pictures at the top really are from my dads home office).

So which category do I fall into? I would argue that I'm a bit of both. I am dumb because I fooled around one term, which didn't necessarily leave me behind, but just not where I want to be. And I admit to my nerdyness. Talk to me for two minutes and you will recognize that I spend a lot of time doing nerdy activities.

Now, this blog has no major point or deep meaning (this is becoming a trend), but I'm simply making observations about summer school, free time, and being a nerd. And that is the end.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE the new look :] it's really cute.
    i hope you're ready for another post that has no major point or deep meaning haha because I have TAGGED you!
    http://publishmylovee.blogspot.com/2010/06/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i AGREE W/ YOUR CHOICE(S) OF PHOTOS.I too see A SPECIAL QUALITY in B&W pics
    Haveyou checkedout an AnselAdam sexhibit?
    He took some incredible B& W pics thatI think you will find special.
    GrannyA

    ReplyDelete