Monday, February 21, 2011

Hiding

This is a night where I wish I could turn myself inside out and be truly transparent. When you see me, you see the illusion I've given to you; like a magician, my expertise hide what really is.

When you speak like you know me, make sure you do. If you have spoken and don't know, you probably never will. The tricks of the trade will not be shared with ones who pretend to be the master of my person.

I seek no apprentice: just one that can decipher the falseness or take the time to listen to the truth.

3 comments:

  1. i find this extremely relatable. as of recently i have been making efforts to lift the illusion of (name) from those few friends who have been around for too long to deserve seeing my creation. it sucks when they don't seem to notice, makes my brain yell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you relate. For a wanna-be writer, I have a remarkably hard time sharing emotions. Some people do not get that.

    ReplyDelete