Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Once, I Didn't Run

1. Rain
I run while it rains because I'm trying to get
away from the downpour of questions.Maybe I should have ran
the first time you spoke the words you can trust me.

2. Storms
If a sentence could be a siren, words like those would signal
a storm. I should have ran
to the shelter that survives mistrust
similar to wind gusts and the disgust I feel for believing
in a different outcome.

3. Umbrella
But I can see you
waiting with an umbrella (you look
like sunshine)
if I would stop being so stubborn;
but it's Portland, umbrellas are for tourists,
silly.

4. Sunshine
Don't make me laugh (spoken through half
a chuckle). I want to stay melancholy
so I pretend to not get your comedy.
If I laugh enough, I'll trust too much.
But you catch me laughing on the inside, want
to take it to the outside; it will rain there.

5. Snow
Is snow better or worse than rain?
There was a blizzard
that made you the safest place to be
even when you spoke something so unsettling
you should trust me. There was too much
darkness and fir trees, snowflakes making
small hills look like mountain peaks. For once,
more scared of what was out than what is within,
I didn't run.
The question remains, is snow better or worse
than rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment